Aug 17, 2004

Iz Beautiful

Digital Rotation:
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World"

This song was featured in the ER episode in which Dr. Mark Greene died. It was also in Meet Joe Black, though I haven't seen it. And finally, I have heard that it was featured in a commercial recently. I heard it this past weekend at the friend's wedding that we went to - as part of the home video they created from bits and pieces of old videos (I would be really surprised if it weren't created on iMovie, because our friend is a big Mac head too). It's just achingly beautiful, like a song sent into the wind with a yearning that reminds me of only a few other songs that I have loved so dearly (David Gray's "Please Forgive Me" ranks in this category, and "Why Should I Cry For You" by Sting). I strongly recommend that you buy this song from iTunes, or at least make me give it to you - it's a keeper.

1 comment:

Rage said...

definitely do. i wish there were some easy way for me to share it across email/etc...