Aug 13, 2004

Collateral Damage from Loquacious Company

Digital Rotation:
Nina Sky: "Move Ya Body Girl" (it's just so catchy!)

Entertaining a guest from India for the weekend. Ends up that it's D's nephew through a cousin. He's a good kid, but seems to have an opinion on every topic. Sometimes, I have patience. Other times, I act out. He got to me about 24 hours after staying here. I told him flat out that he was wrong about why India had to use chemicals to grow crops. Why do I get into these arguments? Maybe next time, I should just smack him, and claim generational privilege when he thinks to retaliate.

We saw Collateral by default (I, Robot had already started). Good flick - Tom Cruise turns in a great performance as a steady and intense anti-hero. I think that he should go more for these roles. For some reason, I think that it really suits him now. It was believable (sorta like when Brad Pitt plays different characters than usual - ie: Fight Club).

Made me think a bit about existence and purpose - made me think about stopping all this thinking, and just doing.

Felt like a circular argument.

Brain froze up.

Had to reboot.

Think I'll keep thinking about it, in a background printing (background thinking?) kind of way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah - it's really deep. i feel that the ability to meditate on nothing is a remarkable gift. Satisfyingly empty.