Feb 20, 2005

Mozilla Rocks!

Digital Rotation:
King's X: Faith Hope Love

Feeling a lot better now, after a week of being under the weather. A shitload of work to do, including apps, future, and all that crap, so this will be brief. But I realized that I haven't yet shared with the world how happy I am to be using Mozilla products to enhance my internet experience. First and foremost, if you're reading this using Internet Explorer, STOP! There is a better way! Behold: FireFox.

Built on a chassis created for Netscape's browsers back in the day, FireFox is the bees knees. No matter what platform you use, FireFox is a better browser for so many reasons, the most important being that it is not nearly as buggy nor as prone to internet critters and cretins as IE. You just have to switch to FireFox. FireFox comes ready to make RSS-feed bookmarks (very useful for updated news, tracking your fave blogs, and all kinds of other things), tabbed browsing, a good password memory system, and a few other bells and whistles, but it's not a large, bulky program. It's also built so that users can easily create little bits of code to do all kinds of interesting things and enhance your browsing experience (like blogging straight with a left click, or weather updates within the frame of the browser). And it's FREE!

Mozilla has also created a mail and news management program called Thunderbird. I'm just starting to use that now, and I actually really like it. I'll have to give word if I like it more than Mac Mail, but I'm feeling that already, as Thunderbird is also built for RSS-feeds (so I can get updates on my favorite news and blog sites in my mailbox and read when I'm ready to read them).

Break the monopoly that MicroSoft has on your browsing experience!! Move into the 21st Century! Check out FireFox and Thunderbird! Man - sounds like Saturday morning cartoons or something...

UPDATE:
Just saw that they are testing a Mac native browser called Camino... I'll have to check that out now and see how it compares to Firefox...

No comments: