Feb 14, 2005

The Gates and Tracking the Boss

D has been in poor health for the past couple of days, so I've not been around the Mac long enough to post something worthwhile. Her folks were in town for a NY minute this past weekend, which was nice, and I had a brief encounter with the Gates, which I'll have to write about later. In a nutshell, drove by Central Park West in the afternoon to see what we could see; saw the throngs walking amongst the saffron arches; tried to find a parking spot and ended up nicking someone's SUV and barely making it away without the ubiquitous exchange of insurance information; considered the immediate value of the Gates as twofold: first, for bringing color to the park in the midst of a grey season, and second, for bringing people into the park in spite of the cold. Otherwise, the Gates as event trumped (ouch! wrong word) the Gates as aesthetic experience (though, again, haven't fully experienced them in person yet).

I have to see an aerial shot of this thing, though. For a similar opinion... Okay - I guess I don't have to post about this later, then.

The end of that day resulted in our driving past my office for the second weekend in a row, peering into the office window (as you can just manage to do if you align your eyes in the moment that the car passes my building), and seeing my boss in the lone lit room on the floor, in front of his laptop, working. I'm going to try to document how many times, and at what time, I see him there.

Sighting #2: Saturday, 2/12: ~4 PM.

1 comment:

Rage said...

i WILL have to check that out.