Apr 30, 2007

Hallowed Be Thy... Delight?

Woah. While studying for my imminent exam, I was just checking out some music through An Aquarium Drunkard, a great music blog for a wide assortment of stuff. Anyway, in this post, he talks about the vocal delivery of Paul McCartney in a track from his second solo effort, Ram, called "Monkberry Moon Delight." I'd never heard it - not really a big fan of McCartney's solo stuff. But I played along and listened. While I agree that the vocal performance is interesting, the meandering melody line that starts up... which becomes more pronounced over time, is frightening close to a theme that arises in Iron Maiden's classic "Hallowed Be Thy Name." I can't post tunes here at this point, but it's shocking. Did Harris bite this bit from McCartney's song, which preceded it by at least 10 years? Eesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went to google to see about this riff, and agree I had the same thoughts as you.