Jun 30, 2005

Mercy Mercy Me/Jack FM

Last Heard on Jack FM:
Mercy Mercy Me: Marvin Gaye

There's something about this song that makes me so sad whenever I hear it, moreso than any other song, I think. I don't know if it's the convergence of real soul music and environmental consciousness (that's the brain speaking) or the feeling that Marvin cared, and he was taken from us too early. But whenever I hear the song, I feel almost paralyzed.

Hearing it on the radio is a totally different thing, and that's why I'm such a proponent of Jack FM when you're in the mood for popular music, but not the same damn songs every 10 minutes. Jack FM is the new format that WCBS has adopted, it's now in different markets around the country, and in NYC, it's conveniently located between zzzzzzz100 and Sleepy (CD) 101.9. Hearing Marvin Gaye, Flock of Seagulls, and Quiet Riot in succession is a trip. Check it out.

No comments: