Mar 29, 2005

Fuming.

'phones blaring:
Rage Against the Machine


Just had a really really frustrating conversation with someone that I'm on a project with. I can't understand people who pose as if they are open and willing to learn but actually have severe short circuits in their personal skills. This particular individual has had a chip on his/her shoulder about me for a long time, and is completely unable to deal with it in a direct way. I think that s/he actually has internalized this issue to the point where s/he thinks that I've got issues with his/her leadership or initiative.

As if!

That's like stars being jealous of Michael Jackson because he is in the headlines so often.

Stop flattering yourself, sister.

So much for the lame attempt at "gender neutral" language up above. All the slashes were getting to me anyway.

1 comment:

Rage said...

I don't know if it's the same issues, and I'm not the expert, but I guess it's really important to understand where the other party is coming from. If you believe that they are an ally, and not working to undermine you at every turn, then you should interact with them that way. I feel like there's something hidden underneath the conversation, and I absolutely hate being pseudo-psycho-analysed by someone who doesn't have the creds (not to mention people who have the paper creds!).

So basically - just listen, and know who you're speaking to. For me, I'm straight with folks most of the time, and if I say that I don't have anything more to say, I'm not waiting for you to ask me again. And I don't react well to patronizing speech.

I guess I could use some tips on how not to blow up, as I've done that before. This time, it didn't get that far, but it was perceived as such by said party. (still following?) :)