Nov 9, 2006

Recap.

Sometimes you don't realize how fortunate you are until something or someone tries to take that away. I'm working on my priorities, of which, sadly, this blog is not one of at this time. I realize how lucky I am to have a partner who really cares about me and where I'm going on this roller coaster called life, but with all of life's distractions, maybe I don't make it clear enough that I do realize how fundamental she is to me. So... sporadic posts, if any, in the weeks to come. Maybe some spontaneous, ugly poetry if I feel like sharing.

But I have to say a couple of things:

1) Rummy's out, is Dick next? I don't think so. And let's not get overly excited about Rummy's replacement. We're already in Iraq, so it's just another head on the chopping block, as far as I'm concerned.

2) Let's also not get overly excited about Jim Webb or the Democrats, for that matter, winning. Yes, it's change. But how much change? And did the Dems win without big corporations hedging their bets and supporting both candidates or parties in the tight races? No - so if you think people are crazy to say there's no difference (there are differences, but they aren't that great) - answer this question: are we going to see comprehensive campaign finance reform to get rid of corporate influence? If not, what's going to change?

3) Lieberman is still in the Senate. Connecticut sucks. Mofo is probably going to get a committee chair, just to spite me. Someone should make a video game about him with a companion parental guidance heavy album.

No comments: