Jul 16, 2006

It's Hard to Cool Down in the City.

Ever have one of those days when you wish you could just slam someone's head into a wall? I'm not having one right now, I'm just sayin'.

As the heat escalates and we continue to bake on the East Coast, I wonder if the already questionable tolerance we have for one another will be pushed to and beyond the brink. Is this when everyone starts going crazy, and the layers of artificial socialization that we cake onto each other with mass media, etiquette lessons, and the general"way to behave like a responsible adult" peel off like so many old glosses of cheap paint?

Dunno, but I'm staying the hell away from people this month. And it's a shame too, because there's so much good stuff happening in summer. But who wants to become the proverbial egg on the sidewalk, anyway? Bring me fall, winter, anything but this oppressive heat. *sigh* I may actually have to go to one of these awful films that they are feeding us, just to escape from the weather for a while. It's all a conspiracy, I tell you. A C-O-N-spiracy.

No comments: