Jul 29, 2007

Been sort of silent on the brown side for a while.  I don't know why I thought summer would provide a little calmer and easier time to write, but it ain't the case.  Still, no complaints as I've spent less time in front of the computer and more time living a little.  Back to the damn grind soon enough.  I think I've been a little too focused on trying to write long, thoughtful pieces though (review last few months and hear the wind blow, my friends).  So I may end that wish, knowing that I don't have enough time to do it.  

There's a lot of stuff happening: in my life, mostly good.  In this country, mostly bad.  But there are some rays of hope in the otherwise gloomy landscape.  I just can't believe we still have about 15 months to go until this stupid election.  Somewhere along the line, we'll lose Gravel, my fave Dem to watch during the many "debates" we've already suffered through.  Then what?  I can relish Dodd getting red in the face as he tries to outdo people who are better funded (Hilabama) or just plain cooler (DK from OH)?  Ugh.  I think I'll pay more attention to baseball instead.  At least there, we all know that things are getting ridiculous (although I completely didn't know that Bonds was at 754 HR already and the Mets were on top of their division).

Uh.  And Gonzales bullied Ashcroft?  Damn.  I would have been scared of Ashcroft, even in that bed.  Afraid he'd get up and start singing or something.  Can't promise more to come, but let's see.

No comments: