Apr 22, 2005

I been fairly quiet on the blog front for a while, but the gears have been spinning, and there's a lot of movement on the life side of the tracks, so I believe that I will be writing more in the near future (whether it falls on- or off-line remains to be seen).

Been listening to a lot of music, some disks that I'd picked up and not really spun much, and others that are new to me. I have to say this again, but the last Cure album is phenomenally solid. I thought that Robert Smith had worn out his angst, but boy was I wrong. And it does them well to be more aggressive (no keyboards, crashing drums). I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a good disc to play while pounding out your manifesto.

Also been listening to Rage Against the Machine more. I'm hoping that I can get introduced to more conscious music - ADF is fantastic, Fun^Da^Mental, Himalayan Project. But I want to find more. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Rage said...

cool. mos def/talib/black star rock.

i'm still trying to find more progressive peeps of color. maybe i'll have to start from the 60s - even aretha had an album called "young, gifted, and black".