Jan 27, 2005

SMS.ac SUCKS.

Okay - so they finally got me. I thought that I was internet savvy enough not to fall for one of these email/website scams that suck up all your contacts and use your name to spew out their trash. Guess again.

I went against my better judgment and decided to sign up for one of those stupid services that everyone else seemed to be getting onto. Bad idea.

SMS.ac is a scam. If you get an email from someone, chastise them, but definitely don't sign up. It sent out emails to my entire list, and even though, after reading the advice of a friend, I unsubscribed from the stupid thing, it's still sending out emails to my whole address book. I've not taken full action and gone medieval on their arses, but I'm getting to that point real quick.

Caveat emptor, indeed.

No comments: